The Chain by Adrian McKinty

My Rating: 1 Star




Date Finished: 10/01/20




Date Published: 09/07/19





Goodreads Synopsis:


You just dropped off your child at the bus stop. A panicked stranger calls your phone. Your child has been kidnapped, and the stranger explains that their child has also been kidnapped, by a completely different stranger. The only way to get your child back is to kidnap another child within 24 hours. Your child will be released only when the next victim's parents kidnap yet another child, and most importantly, the stranger explains, if you don't kidnap a child, or if the next parents don't kidnap a child, your child will be murdered. You are now part of The Chain. 

My Review: 

I was really looking forward to this one but I was so disappointed. It was so boring. Nothing happened. The story basically just follows one families experience of being in the chain and then what happens at the end (without spoiling anything). This is by far the worse book I have read in a long time. I actually couldn't wait to finish it so I mostly just rushed through it and skipped the odd bits here and there. 

The characters were uninteresting. The writing was nothing interesting either. I also hated how the author changed the perspective every few pages and the time stamp was around half an hour later. I really hated that. 

Overall, I wouldn't recommend anyone to read this book. I was so looking forward to it but there was just no excitement or twists at all. 

Happy reading. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment