Strange Magic: An Essex Witch Museum Mystery

My Rating: 4 stars



Date read: July 2017



Date published: 4/5/17



Synopsis from Goodreads:






Rosie Strange doesn't believe in ghosts or witches or magic. No, not at all. It’s no surprise therefore when she inherits the ramshackle Essex Witch Museum, her first thought is to take the money and run.

Still, the museum exerts a curious pull over Rosie. There’s the eccentric academic who bustles in to demand she help in a hunt for old bones, those of the notorious Ursula Cadence, a witch long since put to death. And there’s curator Sam Stone, a man about whom Rosie can’t decide if he’s tiresomely annoying or extremely captivating. It all adds up to looking like her plans to sell the museum might need to be delayed, just for a while.

Finding herself and Sam embroiled in a most peculiar centuries-old mystery, Rosie is quickly expelled from her comfort zone, where to her horror, the secrets of the past come with their own real, and all too present, danger as a strange magic threatens to envelope them all.


My review: 

So I'm finally back after months of not posting any reviews! What a busy time it has been. I am hoping to start by writing up all the reviews for the books I have read over the past six months. 

I have read Moore's previous book 'Witch Hunt', and I will start by saying this book was much better than that book. Moore's writing in this book is much stronger and the story overall is much better. I felt very intrigued and thoroughly enjoyed this one from start to finish. The storyline was really great and I enjoyed all the characters. Although there was a bit of an uplifting sense about the way this book comes across, it felt like this fitted the story. I read this book in only a few sittings as well as the storyline was fast paced and kept my attention throughout; always a bonus! 

Strange Magic is definitely a step up from Moore's previous works that I have read and I already have the next book in the series sat there waiting for me to read (which I may do in the next week!). Definitely a book I would recommend for my fellow readers who are interested in mystery/witch style books which I am always on the hunt for reading. 

Happy reading :) 


0 comments:

Post a Comment