Murder my Darling by Gerald Darnell

My Rating: 5 Stars




Date finished: 10/11/18




Date published: 19/5/18




Synopsis from Goodreads: 



A famous author is murdered, Carson is at the scene of the crime and considered a prime suspect – but he doesn’t remember anything! 
Missing manuscripts, a missing diary and strange stories from the past bring an unusual group of characters together in this tangled web of deceit, blackmail and murder. The mystery travels from Memphis to New Orleans, while Carson works to prove his innocence – without success. 
Come along for the ride and follow the clues to a strange and unforgettable ending in the adventure called: Murder My Darling.


My review: 

I have enjoyed every one of the Carson Reno books I have read so far and this one is no exception. This is the 17th book in the series and I think I have read four of them so far. All of the Carson books can be read as standalone which is really great too. The cover for this book in the series is one of my favourites so far and I really think it has a much more professional and endearing quality to it. It feels as though as Carson is evolving throughout the book series, so is the quality and covers. 

Darnell writes really well and I would recommend any of his novels to anyone who reads the crime/thriller genre. He may not be as well known as some authors but he definitely deserves to be as well known as the big players in his genre. Each time I have read another Carson book, Darnell has always brought something new to the series. This one is no different and it was really great to read this book from a slightly different view point whereby Carson is in some serious trouble and not exactly on the right side of the law. 

Overall, this is another great addition to the Carson Reno series. I never have anything negative to say about Darnell as an author and Carson as a book series. So, this review is a little short and sweet but all I can really say is give them a go. You will honestly be surprised as to how much you end up enjoy this series and how much this series still relates to the present time; very realistic feeling and well thought out. Thank you for the opportunity again, even if it is a little late in posting. 

Happy reading :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment