Thirteen by Steve Cavanagh

My Rating: 5 Stars




Date finished: 22/10/19




Date Published: 30/01/18





Goodreads Synopsis: 


The serial killer isn't on trial.

He's on the jury...


They were Hollywood's hottest power couple. They had the world at their feet. Now one of them is dead and Hollywood star Robert Solomon is charged with the brutal murder of his beautiful wife.

This is the celebrity murder trial of the century and the defence want one man on their team: con artist turned lawyer Eddie Flynn.

All the evidence points to Robert's guilt, but as the trial begins a series of sinister incidents in the court room start to raise doubts in Eddie's mind.

What if there's more than one actor in the courtroom?

What if the killer isn't on trial? What if the killer is on the jury?


My Review: 

When I first picked this one up, I had no idea it was part of a series. So to start with, this book can definitely be read as a standalone and I loved it. I don't know why I haven't picked up any of Cavanagh's books before now. 

So the book switches between the case and the main characters such as the lawyer Eddie Flynn. But we also get to see things from the perspective of the actual killer and the lengths he has gone through to make sure he is on the jury. And damn, are they some lengths! We know who they are and the whole time you are reading, you feel like shouting at the characters to say 'it's him!'.

This was a completely different read to 'Anatomy of a Scandal'. This was fast paced and exciting in a completely different way. There was a lot to take in with this book and there was just so much going on at all times, which I really loved. You won't be disappointed if you pick it up. 

I love a good courtroom drama and this was certainly a good one. I have now purchased another of Cavanaghs books just because it was that good. I hope the next one is as much a page turner as this one was!

Happy reading. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment