Forever Odd by Dean Koontz


3.5 stars. 

Forever Odd is the sequel to Koontz's first novel, Odd Thomas. The book follows on six months from where the first book left and takes Odd a new journey to help his friend Danny who has been kidnapped. Danny's kidnapper however is after Odd and his gift, not Danny in particular. 

I enjoyed the first novel, there was a lot going on in the storyline and I enjoyed the character development. I also reasonably enjoyed the film version which was quite upbeat in relation to the book but did a really good job of keeping the storyline and I actually enjoyed the upbeatness of it. Now, the second novel is somewhat a little different in the sense of how much of a story line - there is a lot less. The overall premise was pretty good though and the writing style was still really good. However, there wasn't as much going on in the story and the ending was a little strange and could have done better to be developed. 

Overall, not a bad sequel, I've read better and I've read worse when it comes to sequels. I will probably read the next book in the Odd series in hope it will get better (like the first book) and just to see where the storyline can go. 

Happy reading :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment