The Atlantis Plague by A.G. Riddle


4 Stars.

Yay, so I finally finished reading this! I sometimes take ages to read a book on Kindle as I do mostly prefer the real thing. It is a shame that I do read kindle as well as physical books due to cost efficiency. Some books I have on Kindle are part of the kindle unlimited program, so its great or even 99p. This book actually started with the first book being free on kindle unlimited and then this one is half the price of the print book. 

So the Atlantis Plague picks up a few months after the first book where the plague is spreading across the world. Kate is now working at an Orchid facility in Marbella to find a cure. The Orchid facilities across the world are making medicine which is slowing down/keeping the plague at bay for people, though this isn't the case for others. Kate is working for her stepdad, Martin. The rest of the book follows Kate, David and the Immari all racing to find a cure for the plague. There isn't too much to say about the plot without giving too much away if you want to read the series. 

I'm not a huge sci-fi fan and I cannot particularly remember why I ended picking this series. It is quite a long read and it can be confusing at times as numerous questions left unanswered until towards the end of the book. The first book was pretty much the same in that too. The plot can get confusing in the way it switches characters view points alot in certain parts too. I mostly kept reading this series for a few main reasons: I enjoy the characters, I want to find out about the Atlanteans and what the cure is. The not-so-great writing managed to not bother me too much as long as the parts I enjoyed kept me going; which it did. 

Overall, if you like books which keep you guessing and are quite mysterious with a bit of sci-fi thrown in, this could be a good book for you to read. I enjoyed this book for its fast paced reading (despite feeling like quite a long book overall) and wanting to know what happens. 

Happy reading :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment