The Secrets of Time and Fate by Rebecca Alexander


5 Stars.

Another satisfying read from Alexander. I couldn't put this book down and feeling a little sad as to how and if there could be another book in the series after this. I have read and reviewed the first two books of this series on my blog if you want to take a look too. 

I would say that this novel feels like more of a sequel to the first book, The Secrets of Life and Death as opposed to being the third book in the series. The book follows Jackdaw Hammond in the 21st Century as she is battling the possession of Saraquel in her own body. There is also the switch back to the 16th Century to follow Edward Kelley and John Dee on their search for a way to exorcise Elizabeth Bathory and the key to rid the world of Saraquel. 

I always really enjoy the switch between the 21st and 16th Century in this series. In the first two books I would say that I actually enjoyed the 16th Century parts that little bit more but in this book, I enjoyed the 21st Century reading a little more than the 16th Century. I felt a little let down by the second book so I wasn't sure if this was going to be a little bit more of a let down or a spark back up. Luckily, it was a spark back up and met all my higher expectations. I love all the characters in this series, the good and the bad, and how there is a constant mystery as to how things will go and who the new characters are. Alexander has done a wonderful job in taking the history of Edward Kelley and John Dee and making it into a series with magic,mystery and suspense. She has added a lot of her own work into their story too. 

Overall, I would recommend this to anybody who loves reading books with magic, mystery and possibly even history. I know my review is short, but all I can say is that I loved it and wonder what Alexander will write next!

Happy reading :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment