Caged by Onaize Khan

My Rating: 3 Stars. 



Date finished: December 2017



Date published: 16/11/17



Synopsis from Goodreads: 






"Keep your mind right, put your body in action and let your spirit guide you.”

These are the words keeping her sane after her husband takes her into isolation in northern Canada. But after three months with only a servant, a television and the screams of another captive keeping her company, she begins to lose touch with reality - even forgetting her own name.

With the help of an unexpected ally, she discovers an inner strength and powers previously unknown; changing her perspective and realigning her past, present and future.



My review: 

I received this book through the reading platform Inkitt. I am continuously grateful for any book request received by an author, Inkitt, publisher or otherwise. I have definitely been very behind the times lately but hopefully I am back. 

The premise of this book really intrigued me into reading this book and I really couldn't wait to start it. The overall story was interesting, but I found that there was a few let downs for me. I found that the chapters were a little too abrupt in the way they moved through the story and there was a little lack of flow for me. There is also a little issue with the way English is conveyed through this book, which is understandable as it is a second language here, but also made for a less interesting a flowing feel for me. The characters were reasonably interesting and the book did hold my attention throughout. 

I think for me, there are mostly just issues with this book needing some more thought putting in and some more time spent in making it right for its intended audience. The storyline is really good and is just falling short of a few things for me. As some readers have pointed out, the author has been quite successful and hopefully this continues. 

Overall, not a bad read at all. Hopefully some things that can be worked out for future pieces. 

Happy reading :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment