Shadows and Lies (Carson Reno Mystery series book 16) by Gerald Darnell

My Rating: 5 Stars.



Date finished: December 2017



Date published: 19/6/17



Synopsis from Goodreads:






All Carson Reno Mystery Series Books are standalone novels. It is not necessary to read them in any particular order. 
What happens when a rich client, three beautiful women, a shifty businessman, a gambler and a missing spouse are all suspected of murder? The results are a merry-go-round of shadows and lies in a house of cards with clues almost as old as Carson.
Greed, blackmail, infidelity, murder, serial killers and a twenty year old crime spin a tale that is practically unbelievable – with the truth masked behind a story that nobody wants told.
This old fashion ‘whodunit’ takes Carson Reno and his crew on a complicated adventure, which has too many victims and too many suspects.
Come along and help Carson find the clues and discover the truth as he tries to make sense of all the Shadows and Lies.


My review: 

I was lucky enough to be given a copy of this book by author Gerald Darnell and would like to thank him for giving me the chance to read another book in his Carson Reno series. Another review however that has taken me a while to get round to writing to my unfortunately busy life schedule lately. Hopefully I am finally on track. 

What I really liked about this book compared to other few books I have read in the Reno series was that this one seemed to read differently compared to the others. I felt this book had a more mysteries air compared to the others and I was a lot more unsure as to where things were going to go. I really liked that about this book. The characters were really interesting and I always enjoy a good Reno mystery. 

The series does give off a very realistic feel and although we are not in current times for the setting, this shouldn't put a reader off. The book still gives off a somewhat current feel to it. I have enjoyed every Reno mystery book I have read and none of them have ever disappointed. They are also the kind of series that you can pick up any book in the series without reading the previous book, which for me, is always a good sign of a great writer. 

Overall, another great addition to the Reno mystery series and hopefully many more to come!

Happy reading :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment