Deadly Partnership: Murder, Blackmail and the Spirit World by Richard Gardner

My Rating: 3 Stars



Date read: November 2017



Date published: 24/5/17




Synopsis from Goodreads: 






On his retirement, widower Paul Jenkins decides to live with his sister by the sea. But having moved in, the idyllic life that he has been hankering after is thrown into turmoil when he comes face to face with a burglar in the middle of the night.

His impulsive reaction to the intrusion has disturbing consequences when he is confronted with some unsavoury characters. However, it is the dead that he has far more to fear from.



My Review; 

I would first like to begin this review for thanking the author for kindly sending me a copy of his book and also an apology for taking so long on publishing my review - unfortunately I haven't been keeping up to date with my review these past few months but hoping that I will keep up in the near future. 

The beginning of this book really had me hooked from the beginning and was actually one of my favourite parts of the book. The book is written reasonably well and flowed pretty well as well. The characters were also pretty decent but I'm not sure if I would go as far as to say that I specifically connected with any of them - this is nothing on the author's part but just how I felt about the characters. The story did take a while to get going, especially after quite a dramatic beginning I would say. I think for me this is the main reason I am giving this book 3 stars. The book was overall a decent read and had a few extra bits compared to your average thriller, but I really would have liked more in the first 100 pages. 

Overall, this book is a good read and certainly something any thriller reader would enjoy. The beginning captivates readers and the storyline was a good one too. Reading other reviews of this book, other readers certainly enjoyed it too!

Happy reading :) 


0 comments:

Post a Comment