1222 by Anne Holt


4.5 stars

I read this book about a month to 6 weeks ago after having bought it a few months before that. I love reading crime books but I am always looking for something different. When I read the synopsis of a book though and it's always 'such a body investigating such a murder at such a place' yada yada yada. They all the sound the same right? 

Anyways, I bought this book in hope it was different and I really enjoyed this book. Hanna is a paraplegic retired police investigator who is on a train, which crashes, and they all end up being stuck in a hotel in the mountains due the snowy weather. And of course there is a murder. There is some very interesting characters in this story and although I have read some reviews which don't like Hanna's character, I did. The story was very easy to read and I read this book very easily. Little did I know this was the eighth book in a series. Now I will have to go back and read all the others (when I get the time with all the others). I also never guessed the whodunit. I obviously had ideas, but I still didn't find out until the end which is a great thing for me reading these sort of books. The only thing stopping me from giving a 5 start rating was that I have liked other books just that tiny step more but I did love this book and will be following the series Definitely add this to your reading list!

0 comments:

Post a Comment