A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan


4 stars. 

Dragons are my favourite mystical creature. I picked this book up in a comic book store and couldn't wait to start it. It starts off a little confusing as to how this book is going to read. It reads as a memoir by Lady Trent who is dragon obsessed. From a child, she has been reading her fathers books on dragons and eventually goes on a trip with her husband to study them. The book is set in a world of it's own, but almost a little like Victorian England. 

I have read the reviews on goodreads about this book and read some people were disappointed in this book due lack of action. I very much enjoyed the way this book read and there is a sequel which I will be reading. This was a very easy going book, with interesting characters and reads like a historian style book if dragons were real. There was some interesting plot lines which I had no idea would end up. 

Overall, a thoroughly good read I would recommend to anyone who likes history style fiction and a good page turner. 









0 comments:

Post a Comment