The Small Hand by Susan Hill


4 stars.

I read this book in one sitting this afternoon. It's only a small book, around 200 pages. Susan Hill is a wonderful writer of ghost stories and haunting tales. If you have ever seen the film the woman in black, get reading the book and the rest of her stories. 

The book centres on Mr Snow, an antique book dealer, who one days takes a wrong turn, lands up at an abandoned house and is touched by a small hand. It was very interesting to find out why the hand found him and how the story ends. The characters are well written about and I enjoyed the book. It was quite a page turner and I wanted to find out where the small hand had come from. I also enjoyed reading about Mr Snows lifestyle and his work. 

However, I didn't find it particularly haunting but was good all the same. Maybe because I am general desensitised to that sort of thing? Who knows. I would still recommend it to anyone who likes a quick read and a well written book. Susan hill is a wonderful writer, can't wait to read the next one. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment