Stephen King Revival

Stephen King Revival 



4 stars. 

I wavered between four and five stars on this book and I will tell you why after a quick synopsis. 
The books follows Jamie Morton who, at the age of six, meets the new minister of his small home town, Charles Jacobs. Now Charles goes through a number of different names throughout the book (Pastor Jacobs at the beginning of the book). A terrible event leaves 
the Pastor without a wife and child and leaves his job. The story then follows Jamie as he grows up and all the things that goes with growing up. Later in life he meets Charles again. 

The synopsis of the book on the inside of the book doesn't give much more else away and neither will I. I tend not to read the synopsis of King's books as I always expect them to be good, and this was no exception. However, with no more to go on than what I have just told you, it was hard to see where the book would go. This is why I wavered between 4 and 5 stars. The beginning of the book was a little slow to start and I couldn't see where it was going, so I would give this part of the book 4 stars. However, once the book started to get into Jamie's story and later in life, the pages went so fast and I couldn't put the book, hence the 5 stars. 

I am attempting to read doctor sleep soon, but have decided to re-watch the shinning to have a quick recap. 

Happy reading :) 














0 comments:

Post a Comment