The Matrix by Jonathan Aycliffe






3.5 stars.

I picked this little book up about two weeks ago whilst in Waterstones searching for another book - which I didn't actually find in the end. 
The book follows Andrew, a sociologist, who starts a new job in Edinburgh. Through his research, he meets with occult type groups. Later in the story he meets a man, Duncan Mylne, whom he goes on a journey with to learn more about the occult and magic. There are other parts to the story like his dead wife Catriona. 

The beginning of the book was a bit slow going and some parts are a little hard to read due to the foreign languages. However, once the creepiness starts, the story gets better. There are a lot if dark images that are well described within the book which give good imagery too. However, the ending was also a little abrupt and definitely not what I expected. 

For a quick read and a but of a spook, this a decent boom to read. I shall be picking up another of Aycliffe books in the future too. However, for now, I have a few other books I really can't wait to get round to. 

Happy reading :) 






0 comments:

Post a Comment