Hand in complete!

Ok, so I officially handed in my dissertation on Friday 13th Feb - hopefully it is not as unlucky as some people think and it will pass! Otherwise, I will break down in a puddle of tears. 

Ever since handing in my work though, I have been having these rather strange dreams, obviously worrying about getting my mark and feedback. All I do is worry about whether my work was good enough, if everything is there and referenced properly, whether I have plagiarised and whether my literature review is not too general! Yes, I like to babble on when I hand in a piece of work. Will update once I received my grade - in the next month or so. 

Now that I have much more time on my hands, I hope to get through the long list on my sticky notes of books I want to read. I am currently reading the second instalment of Rebecca Alexander's novels - The Secrets of Blood and Bone. 


I am currently over half way through and a full review will be following shortly. Although maybe not as exciting and face paced as the first book, I love reading through and making the links between different centuries and what people are learning. I go through thinking 'ah, that's why such a thing is happening now!' or 'oooh, that makes sense now!'. Also, as with the first book, I always enjoy the present time more than the past time. I read the past time as though it reinforces the present time rather than a whole different story weaving through the book. 

I have a bit of an obsession in going around and reading reviews of what everyone else is reading and think 'oh, I want to read that'. The list is constantly growing and I reckon I will be an old woman before I get through them! Never enough hours in the day. 

In November, I joined NetGalley but haven't been back for a while due to lack of reviews on my blog and thinking nobody will want me to read and review their work. The blogging began as a hobby, and although it still is, it would be good to move onto the next step. So lets see how it goes. Here's my badge so you all know now to hopefully recommend my blog if passing by!


Happy reading :). 


0 comments:

Post a Comment