After The Crash by Michel Bussi


5 Stars

I bought this book a while ago and hadn't yet got around to reading it due to my never ending stack of books which is constantly being added to. However, whilst reading someone else's blog I saw that they had read this book recently and decided I would read this book ASAP due to their wonderful review!

The book is set in 1998 when Lylie, sole survivor of a plane crash at Mont Terri, has turned 18 and has received the journal of private investigator, Credule Grand-Duc. Credule has spent the past 18 years investigating the case of Lylie to find out her real identity. The manifesto of the plane crash shows that there were two three month old baby girls on board and no way of identifying her; is she Lyse-Rose or Emilie? The book switches between Lylie's brother, Marc, reading Credule's journey of the case and Marc searching for his own answers to even more questions. 

I loved this book. You constantly go throughout it trying to figure out who the child is and I personally, constantly changed my mind between two answers; which I can't tell you for obvious reasons but one of these answers certainly cannot be found just by reading the blurb. The characters in this book were really great. Lylie doesn't play a massive part in this book despite the whole story being centred on her. I wouldn't say there was a particular 'bad guy', but there are some characters which are definitely not what they seem and the feelings you get from them changes as the story goes on. One big factor which made me love this story the most though was the constant wanting to know who Lylie's parents were in the end and not finding out until right at the end of the book; I do love a good mystery! 

Although this book was only recently translated from French and I always find it hard work reading French names of places etc, the book has been very well written and flows really well. Bussi really knows how to keep his audience captivated and you are drawn into the story quite quickly. Overall, a very fast paced story, with great elements of mystery and surprise. 

Happy reading :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment