Betrayals by Kelley Armstrong


4.5 Stars. 

I realise I didn't put this book up on my currently reading gadget here on blogger, but the gadget edit system hasn't been working properly and wouldn't let me edit anything! So, I was reading something new and not just forgetting! I love this series by Armstrong. I personally would even say that it is one of my favourite series right now. 

So the book picks up a few weeks after the last one. Olivia has been given six months to decide whether she will choose the fae or the cwn annwn and the love triangle that follows this. Olivia and Ricky have just come back from a break from all the choas of Cainsville and her parents. Now upon returning her life, Olivia is caught up with a new set of killings; street kids in the city. Someone is framing Ricky for the murders and Gabriel finally takes the truth. 

I've found this series really fast to read and full of interesting surprises. I love how I always have not much of an idea of what is going on until towards the end too. My only slight gripe with this book in the series was the ending. I wasn't keen on the ending and it all felt so real. I really felt a little sad too, but obviously I won't say too much if you're reading the series or wanting to. I really enjoyed reading more into the folklore too. It was definitely good to hear more of a focus onto huntsmen and how they operate as the last three books have definitely focused more on Cainsville and the fae side. I really enjoy books that have a somewhat 'magical' feel to them so this series is definitely ticking this box for me. 

Overall, another great book in the series and I will, as always, look forward to the next one!

Happy reading :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment