Esper Files by Egan Brass


4 Stars. 

So Esper Files is published by a platform called Inkitt. I have been in touch with them about this book and another that I am also looking forward to read and review so please keep reading my blog for later updates on that! 

Esper files follow a group of people known as Espers with extraordinary powers which they got from an experiment gone wrong at the Oxford Academy of Science. The Institute was built to help young Espers learn of their powers and how to control them, however there are still rogue and dangerous Espers in London. We specifically follow Nathan and James as they run into troubles with a man known as the Baron was kidnapped a young boy known as the Siren. The Siren's sister, Freya, comes into her powers as he is kidnapped and helps Nathan and James stop the Baron before he builds an army to destroy Espers. 

I was happy to read this book for my honest review as I always want to help unknown authors start out with reviews and also because the synopsis sounded interesting. The book is really fast paced and I actually read this in two sittings. The books isn't that long, a little over 200 pages, so is definitely something nice and easy to pick up, read and be sucked into an enjoyable read. The setting of this book is late 19th Century in London, so the language is quite in relation to this time, which works for this book. The characters also work really well together and the writing flowed reasonably well. I would have preferred the paragraphs to be a bit more 'together', rather than a few sentences most of the time, but I wouldn't say this is an issue. 

There was certainly nothing wrong with this book as an overall piece and nothing I particularly disliked. I gave this book 4 stars because I enjoyed it but I didn't fall utterly in love with it (please don't take this as a bad thing!). The book I would say is definitely aimed at teenagers and young adults. I don't think an older demographic would enjoy it as much, but obviously some older adults do very much enjoy younger aimed books! 

Overall, a very likeable book and I enjoyed it. Certainly something fast paced and easy to get through if you like that kind of thing. I would definitely say that Brass should make a series out of this book and should be enjoyed by a young adult audience. 

Happy reading :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment