Primogénito: The Fuentes Legacy by Greta Cribbs


4 Stars.

I realise I've been a bit slow on the updates the past few weeks or so and I actually finished reading this about a week ago. Sometimes I find it difficult to write a review right away as I like to digest what I want to say about some books. Also, time has been a bit constrained lately! 

The book follows the Fuentes family legacy where Ashley's husband Nick has fallen sick to a rather mysterious illness. Nick is having bizarre symptoms and the doctors have no ideas. Fearing for her husbands wellbeing, Ashley turns to Damien Fuentes. Damien's family has dabbled in dark magic in the past, with Damien's grandfather performing a ritual on Nick. Nick's own wife, Jenn, is now also pregnant with their first daughter which is causing even more issues into Damien's past which he now must resurrect. 

A large volume of books which I have recently been asked to review have fallen mostly into the sci-fi genre and this was a nice change from that. Although I am not huge on history, I do enjoy history with a dark twist and magic etc. That was what hook me on this book; all the finding out what was happening, the strange illness and the history of the Fuentes family. Those were also some of my favourite parts of the book. The characters in the story were also decent, but I wouldn't say I preferred one over the other. The writing was reasonable but easy to read and quite fast paced. There was plenty of detail with a mixture of plenty of dialogue too. The chapters were of a decent size too so you didn't spend too much time mixing between all the different characters/viewpoints but when they did switch, you didn't feel confused or left off at a random point. I did enjoy the ending, the realistic side of it and there is definitely quite a dark side to this story, especially when talking death and gore. I certainly enjoy books with this and felt like the writing worked well here. 

Overall, an enjoyable read with some interesting points into the history of the Fuentes legacy and dark magic. I definitely think it would be really interesting to read more into the Fuentes family, origins or maybe even future works. 

Happy reading :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment