Ignite by Danielle Rogland

My rating: 4 Stars.


Genres: YA, dystopian, Sci-Fi. 


Date read: 6/4/17


Date published: 5/4/17


Synopsis from Goodreads: 






In the ruins of dystopian London, the Empire rules through fear and fire.

“Everyone knew about ‘The Flames’ and how much trouble they had caused the Empire. They were the only rebel group anyone knew of that had lasted longer than a few months without getting caught, leaving candles behind whenever they snatched somebody out of the Empire’s grasp. To get involved with people like them is stupid. So stupid.”

Ever since her parents were murdered by the empire’s agents, Jacks has been living on the street as a pickpocket trying to keep away from trouble. When she accidentally witnesses the rebel group ‘The Flames’ in the middle of an operation she is unwillingly swept up into their world, and has to decide if she’s going to go back to looking after herself or join the rebellion and help them fight for the people of London Ruins.
She knows that getting involved was stupid, but does she really have a choice? 

My review: 

The release date for this book was yesterday and the reviews that are coming in are really great. Just from reading others reviews, Rogland should be really happy with her work! Also, I am very thankful to have been given the chance to read an advanced copy. I would first like to say that I really liked the beginning of this book, it was a really good start. The alternating views throughout as well between the characters was something I haven't read in a book in a long time and also really enjoyed. We get to know each character just that little bit more. This was definitely a fast paced read and I felt like I was thrown into the plot quickly, which I always enjoy in a good book. 

There wasn't much that I didn't enjoy in this book other than the odd bit of overthinking for some of the characters and a little bit of obvious thought from some of the characters too. However, this is just me picking a little. Good dystopian books are hard to come by for me as they all start to feel like they blend together after a while. This was definitely a very good book and this was definitely have a very good target audience. I hope that readers out there that have yet to come by it will, they will not be disappointed. The book has everything you want in a dystopian style book without going too over the top either, which can be a failing in some similar style books. 

Overall, I really enjoyed the characters and the mixture of the thriller side of this book. Some very interesting plot ideas and nicely fast paced. Would definitely recommend!

Happy reading :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment