Wayfarers Highway by Peter Petrack

My rating: 3.5 Stars. 


Genres: Adventure, Fantasy. 


Date read: 6/4/16


Date published: 16/9/16



Synopsis from Goodreads: 





A camper travels the back roads of America, but it is not what it seems. Pursued by powerful forces: a mastermind, a maniac, and a terrorist, its crew wonders if they'll ever reach Journey's end.

When Eloise Corwin - a longtime patient in her desert hometown's infirmary - finds a wounded young traveller sharing her sick room; she insists that he tell her about his adventures. The young man, Orson Gregory, tells her how he found and stole a glowing gemstone, hidden for decades beneath the government-built factory beside his family farm. He tells her how he's been chased ever since - by mercenaries, by terrorists, and by other, stranger enemies. He tells her how he threw in his lot with a real adventurer, a mythology professor, an innkeeper, and a duo of hired guns on a cross-country journey to clear his name and return home - something he's currently failing to do. To reach safety, the motley travelers will first have to deal with each other, evade the foes that follow their every move, and tangle with other forces both strange and powerful, their fellow travellers on the Wayfarers Highway.

My review:

First, I would like to say thank you to the author for receiving this - I appreciate anyone who sends me their hard work for me to review and especially for patience! So this book was a solid read, well written and some interesting ideas. There was definitely a mixture of whether this book was meant to be completely adventure, but the add of fantasy was something a bit different for me. The fantasy aspect of the story doesn't completely overtake the story and could have done with a little more for me, hence why I am not sure if I could class it as completely adventure. 

It did make me a little while to get into the story and overall, the story isn't too long, but there is a mixture of conspiracy and action throughout which kept my attention enough. There is plenty of the plot to keep you guessing as to what happens next and the characters are decent enough with wit and interest. I think my only downside to reading this book was that I didn't 100% utterly love it. There is definitely plenty in there that kept me reading on and, as I said, it is definitely a solid good read. We can't all love every book we read, but I think there is definitely a market for this book and many other readers have loved it. 

Overall, Petrack has written a very interesting book here with some really good plot ideas. The writing is very solid too, and I found that I read it at a leisurely pace. Would have liked a little more into the fantasy side but that's just me! I would definitely recommend this as someone's next adventure read. 

Happy reading :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment